Domestic violence

FL-410 Violation of Domestic Violence Restraining order

I need to file a violation of domestic violence restraining order. I was wondering if i need to file anything other than the fl410/police report, in order to get a court date/hearing.

and also how can i have the person served? can i use the sheriffs dept. to do the service or can i do it by registered mail? or other?

Nathan’s Answer

When a DVRO is violated you can call 911, contact the DA to allow them to explore charges, or file a civil contempt action whereby generally the violator can be looking at jail time and fines. However, the last option is the most difficult without attorney assistance.Insist on speaking with the LEAD attorney. You may also want to find out who the attorney of record is if the suit was filed.

Please follow & like us 🙂

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *