Child support

Husband is verbally abusing his wife, what can she do?

Hi, I have a friend with two kids. Her husband constantly tells her to pay her own bills, rent, car insurance, etc, He harasses her verbally by insulting her and puts financial pressure on her. She is taking care of the kids and going to college at the same time, She cannot go to work at the moment. She is afraid that if she gets a divorce, he'll leave the country (he is originally from Bulgaria) and not help financially. What can she do, and whom can she turn for help?


Nathan’s Answer

Options like mediation or collaborative divorce are difficult to use when one of the parties is abusive. Your friend can file for divorce and seek orders that the children not be permitted to be taken by their father overseas.

Please follow & like us 🙂

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *