I did not receive notice of surplus funds following the foreclosure of my home. Is it too late to get the funds.

My house was sold at a trustee's sale and I got notice from the court there was surplus funds. I never received notice that I needed to file a claim and the court turned the funds over to the state. Is it too late for me to notify the court that the funds should come to me? If not, what do I need to file?

Nathan’s Answer

The trustee should have provided the 1st notice. If it found no one, it will submit the funds to the court. If the court notifies you, you can petition the court to release the surplus funds. If you did not receive notice, the last step is to contact the California State Controller. Wishing you the best of luck - some of these surpluses can be quite sizable.

Please follow & like us 🙂

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *